- Sort By:
InterContinental Chennai Mahabalipuram Resort, an IHG HotelInterContinental Chennai Mahabalipuram Resort, an IHG Hotel, Post Office, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 603104, India
Courtyard by Marriott MaduraiCourtyard by Marriott Madurai, Alagar Kovil Main Road, next to Circuit House, Mellur, Race Course Colony, K.Pudur, Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India
Plan Your Destination Wedding in Tamil Nadu
Here are other Awesome States for Destination Wedding in India other than Tamil Nadu
Why choose a destination wedding in Tamilnadu?
A long stretch of the coastal area and various pristine beaches leave couples ecstatic here in Tamilnadu. The nourished dream of getting married on the shimmery sand of the beaches and near the sea can be fulfilled here.
Along with the presence of desirable locations, the religious significance due to several divine temples makes Tamilnadu more worthy from the aspect of a destination wedding.
Here are the major attractions of Tamilnadu where couples can plan their destination wedding or explore this beautiful coastal state with their loved ones.
What are the shining jewels of Tamilnadu?
Tamilnadu is loaded with the serene beauty of nature, ancient temples and historical places. Couples can spend their time together and build indelible memories in this state. Let’s know about the worth visiting places of Tamilnadu for couples.
- Dhanushkodi – Pristine beach area
- Kanyakumari – a paradise for couples
- Trichy – the hub of temples
- Vellore – famous forts for history buffs
- Chettinad – rich heritage and lip-smacking cuisines
- Courtallam – Spa town of the state
- Madurai – Exceptional architectural beauty
- Rameshwaram – World famous spot among pilgrims
- Thanjavur – the center of art and culture
- Kanchipuram – satiate your desire for sarees here
- Coimbatore – waterfalls and mountains for nature lovers
- Ooty – The queen of hill stations
- Coonoor – panoramic view of Nilgiri hills
- Yellagiri – Best spot for adventure lovers
These south jewels attract numerous visitors throughout the year due to their unique charm.
What are the shopping places in Tamilnadu for wedding shopping?
Chennai is the metro city of Tamilnadu state hence one can see a huge number of shopping malls, shopping stores and markets here. Apart from Chennai, you can visit Coimbatore also for your wedding shopping. Have a look at the marketplaces of these two cities.
- Thayagaray Nagar – For sarees and gold jewelry
- Sowcarpet – dresses and lehengas at reasonable prices
- George town – famous for sarees
- Pangal park – Jewelry, sarees and other accessories
- Nungambakkam – luxury brand stores
- Kotivakkam – Sweet shops
If the couple wants to explore the markets of Coimbatore for their wedding, here is the list of popular shopping spots in Coimbatore.
- Oppanakara street – silk handicraft products and footwear
- Brookfield mall – shopping with fun activities
South Indian delicacies tempt the couples
The traditional cuisines of Tamilnadu are revered across the world. The visitors must try the delectable cuisines that can leave them craving for a long time.
Have a look at the sumptuous cuisines of Tamilnadu.
- Banana Bonda
- Lemon rice
- Coconut chutney
- Paruppu Payasam
- Filter Kapi
- Medhu vada
Climate and connectivity of Tamilnadu
For planning a destination wedding in Tamilnadu couples see the favorable weather conditions because it enhances the fun and pleasure of their wedding rituals. Except for the monsoon season, Tamilnadu’s weather remains hot. But the calm breeze gently pats the faces of couples and romanticizes the atmosphere.